Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Poetry?

Next week at my school, there is going to be a Poetry Slam. For those of you who don't know, a Poetry Slam is basically a contest, you have to read an origional poem and are judged on the poem and how you read it.
I want to do a poem about worms, but I'd also like some people's opinions before I read it next week. So please comment on anything I should add, take away, or anything else I can do better. Compliments are also nice. But keep in mind that I am not quite finished.

Wriggling,
Through the dirt,
Not a care in the world,
An earthworm is picked
Up
By a careless child
The child
Not knowing its precious burden
Goes to the tool shed
In the corner of the backyard
Withdraws a trowel
And cuts the worm in two
Singing a song about earthworms,
Singing a song about earthworms.

A Robin,
Sitting high on a tree
Looks down in the grass and sees the
Earthworm
Unable to move
Slowly dying on the freshly mowed lawn
It swoops down
And gently snatches the worm
From its soft deathbed of grass clippings
The Robin flies back to her nest
And looks fondly at her fledglings
As she dangles the worm in front of them
And they
Chirp a song about worms
Chirp a song about worms

No comments:

Post a Comment